onsdag 15 april 2015

A little spinning

Since I got my Victoria I haven't really had time for spinning, but I managed to squeeze in a little here and there.

It's amazing how relaxing it is! I'm not very experienced, but as soon as I got over the initial struggling state, I started to completely forget about time when I spin. It's a good thing the bobbin fills up after a while so I have to stop and come back to the world...

I spun two skeins (approx. 100g each) of Z-twisted single finull yarn and two similar skeins of S-twisted (just to try).

Then I decided to try to spin thinner and try my first plying. It turned out great! The finull (from the nordic finull-sheep) is amazingly soft, and the plied yarn is crazy soft and fluffy!
I realize that my spinning pictures will be quite boring to look at, since I have all this white finull to work with, but you have to spare with me ;) I just love it.

Two of the singles and my first two-ply on top

Close up on the plied yarn

I still haven't made much out of my homespun, and I think it will have to rest a while because of all the knitting I have planned, but I am working on a testweave in wool, and some of the singles will go into that. It's going to be really interesting how they behave when I cut the weave down.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar