lördag 23 maj 2015

Upcoming exhibition and massive mitten posting

Long time, no see! This past month I have been crazy busy finishing my last big project at Capellagården.

Every year the students of the school finish the spring term with a joint exhibition. Most put a lot of effort in their project and I'm no exception. This week, a group of students under curator Carina Seth Andersson has been working very hard setting up the exhibition, and it looks very promising! The exhibition open next friday 29/5 2015 and stays open all summer. If you are visiting Öland this summer, come to Vickleby and Capellagården and have a look at all the amazing crafts and art!

This year my project is called 'I knit, therefore I am' (or 'Jag stickar, alltså finns jag', in Swedish) and I am exhibiting nine pairs of mittens, all designed and knitted by myself and dyed with natural dyes. I have also made a little booklet about my process and my thoughts around knitting and natural dyeing.



However, for some reasons (the most important being that I changed my mind) this booklet will not be exhibited or sold. Instead I will publish all the texts and photos, together with some additional material here on the blog. So, the coming week before exhibition will be full of mitten related posts. Stay tuned!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar